INCREASED SAFETY ENCLOSURES » A/G/S*****EX.. SERIES
Components designed to meet the requirements for ON and OFF-SHORE use, in petrochemical and marine applications and for any other industry where an explosive atmosphere may be present.
A/G/S****EX… Series are suitable for equipment for explosive GAS and DUST atmospheres, having a “high” level of protection, which is not a source of ignition in normal operation or during expected malfunctions.
Applications such as: junction boxes, local control stations and local control panels for Indoor and Outdoor application.
• Fully customizable for enclosure size and material, number of holes and mechanical machining.
Materials: Stainless steel AISI 316L, Aluminium with low content of copper and GRP (Glassfiber Reinforced Polyester).
Surface treatment: Stainless steel: Acid treatment (pickling) / Aluminium: Standard with polyester powder coating RAL 7001.
Optional accessories depending of enclosure material:
- Electropolish treatment (Stainless Steel only);
- Side gland plates (Stainless Steel only);
- Hinges (GPR and Aluminum);
- Drain/breather valve;
- Traffolyte/Stainless steel certificate label;
- Internal mounting plate;
- Locking facility (Stainless Steel only);
- Earth continuity plates (GRP only);
- Passing through earth bolt.
Degree of protection: IP66, IP66/IP67 (S****EX… only without swing handle element).
Dust Group: IIIC.
Ts Service Temperature range: -50°C to 105°C (depending on the material and the mechanical machining).
- A******EX… Copper-free aluminium
- G******EX… GRP
- S******EX AISI316L stainless steel
Hardware, screws and locking devices: AISI 316L stainless steel
Ex eb IIC Gb
Ex tb IIIC Db
II 2 G Ex eb IIC Gb
II 2 D Ex tb IIIC Db
Standard certificate label: Made by self adhesive UV and corrosion resistant polyester, approved by certified Laboratory.
IEC 60079-0 & EN IEC 60079-0 – Equipment – General requirement
IEC 60079-7 & EN IEC 60079-7 – Equipment protection by increased safety “e”
IEC 60079-31 & EN 60079-31 – Equipment dust ignition protection by enclosure “t”
- Type of protection Ex eb: It provides an impact resistant enclosure for electrical equipment and ensures that the contents will not produce a spark, temperature or current creepage that could ignite the external flammable atmosphere in a hazardous area zone, location or workspace.
- Type of protection Ex tb: It avoids combustible dust (IIIC) penetration into the enclosure and ensures surface temperature limitation for use in explosive dust atmospheres.