New Enclosures Regolus Ex blind enclosures made of aluminum alloy for use in environments at risk of explosion under Directive ATEX94/9/EC.
These enclosures are to be considered components. The components require subsequent certification / declaration by the user.
The cover is secured to the box with stainless steel screws, the tightness is ensured by a silicone seal that allows to maintain a degree of protection IP65.
The containers are provided in different versions depending on the size of the metal box (and therefore of the maximum power that can be dissipated) and the colorations provided.
The ATEX mark (ATmospheres EXplosives) refers to two European directives concerning the risk of deflagration in potentially explosive atmospheres.
AREA CLASSIFICATION “Gases and Vapors”
Zone 1: place in which an explosive atmosphere consisting of a mixture with air of flammable substances in the form of gas, vapor or mist is likely to occur in normal operation occasionally.
Zone 2: place in which an explosive atmosphere consisting of a mixture with air of flammable substances in the form of gas, vapor or mist is not likely to occur in normal operation but, if it does occur, will persist for a short period only.
AREA CLASSIFICATION “Dust”
Zone 21: area in which an explosive atmosphere in the form of a cloud of combustible dust in air is likely to occur occasionally in normal operation.
Zone 22: area in which an explosive atmosphere in the form of a cloud of combustible dust in air is not likely to occur in normal operation but, if it does occur, will persist for a short period only.
II 2G Ex e IIC e Gb – II 2D Ex tb IIIC Db Zone 1-2-21-22 (Gas / Dust) Tamb = -20°C/+55°C IP65
TYPE OF PROTECTION: Increased safety (Ex “e”) – Protection by enclosures (Ex “tb”)
Marking Ex e Gb II 2 G in accordance with IEC 60079-0; 60079-31; 60079-7
Additional measures provide a higher level of protection. This ensures reliable prevention of unacceptably high temperatures and sparks or electrical arcs, both on the internal and on the external parts of electrical equipment, whose normal operation does not involve unacceptably high temperature sparks or arching.
Important design parameters:
• For uninsulated, live parts, special protective requirements apply.
• Air and creepage gaps are made wider than is generally the case in industry. Special conditions apply to the IP protection degree to be adhered to.
• For windings, their design, mechanical strength and insulation, higher requirements apply and the windings must be protected from increased temperatures.
• Minimum cross sections are stipulated for winding wire, the impregnation and reinforcement of coils and for thermal monitoring equipment.
• Installation material such as junction boxes, connection cabinets for heating systems, batteries, transformers, ballasts and cage motors.
- Handling System